This image is available through Hubblesite.org and is in agreement with their terms and uses

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why I’m for racial profiling

Let’s face reality. This is something that must be done for the safety of everyone in this country. Why do we continue to ignore the fact that there are a certain group of people who show up on the news time and time again? In fact, the destruction that they unleash could possibly kill us all. They are an unchecked danger and it is time someone did something about them. So I urge police officers all over the country to take action: the next time you see a middle-aged white man wearing an expensive suit and driving a luxury car, please PULL THEM OVER.

Yes, it is true that most of those people are law abiding citizens who work hard and take care of their families. But why risk it? The white guy you pull over could be on his way to rob some family out of their hard-earned nest egg, or lobby for the oil industry.

Believe me. I want to believe in the platitudes about not judging a book by its cover, but the facts simply do not support this. They are causing most of the problems in the world. Do you need an example? Here’s some of many: Kenneth Lay, BP CEO Tony Hayward, Bernie Madoff, Blackwater CEO Erik Prince, Rupert Murdoch—all white guys in suits with fancy-ass cars (also, car size is in proportion to the size of the crime). These are all crooks who have made decisions that have ruined people and have destroyed many innocent lives. If only someone had pulled them over and questioned them, maybe they could have stopped them from committing the horrible crimes that have hurt so many(in the case of the last two names, they still can).

Sure, you could point out that I’m a white guy, and who knows, one day I might find myself wearing a suit and tie while driving a fancy car. Yes, I could be pulled over by the cops and harassed, but I guess I would have to endure this until my people could learn to behave themselves.

No comments: